Supported Wyze Products: Wyze Cam v2 (WYZEC2) & Wyze Cam Pan (WYZECP1)
Unsupported Wyze Products: Wyze Cam v1 (WYZEC1)
Supported Alexa Devices: Echo Show, Echo Spot, Fire TV Edition TVs (all models), Fire TV Cube, Fire TV (all generations), Fire Tablets (7th gen+), & Fire Stick (2nd gen+).
Troubleshooting: Alexa cannot discover or connect to the camera
Here are some steps to try if your Amazon device is having trouble discovering the camera:
- Ensure that your camera is a Wyze Cam v2 or Wyze Cam Pan. The original Wyze Cam is not compatible with Amazon Alexa. Click here to learn how to tell if you have an original Wyze Cam or a Wyze Cam v2.
- Ensure that the Amazon device is compatible with the camera. It must be an: Echo Show, Echo Spot, Fire Tablets and Fire TV. It’s compatible with all generations of Fire TV, all Fire TV Edition Smart TVs and Fire Tablets Gen 7 and above
- Ensure that your camera is updated to the latest firmware version (220.127.116.11+ for Wyze Cam v2 and 18.104.22.168+ for Wyze Cam Pan).
- Ensure that you authorized the correct Wyze account to your Amazon Alexa account.
- Disable and re-enable the Wyze skill.
- Ensure that the camera is connected to WiFi by checking if you can load a livestream view of the camera in your Wyze app. If you are not able to view a livestream view of the camera in your Wyze app, see Connectivity troubleshooting here.
- For additional troubleshooting, click here.
Troubleshooting: Camera isn’t responding when you use a voice command
Here are some steps to try if you’re having trouble connecting your camera:
- Ensure that you are clearly calling the camera by its correct name as indicated in the Alexa app.
- Ensure that the camera is connected to WiFi by checking if you can load a livestream view of the camera in your Wyze app. If you are not able to view a livestream view of the camera in your Wyze app see Connectivity troubleshooting here.
- Ensure that the camera is turned on. The camera needs to be turned on before giving a voice command to Alexa. To turn on the camera, open the Wyze app, click into the camera’s livestream, and tap the More icon to turn on.
- Ensure that your camera is connected to the Amazon device. You can check to see if your camera is connected in your Smart Home tab in the Alexa app or alexa.amazon.com. If not, please follow the set-up instructions above.
- For additional troubleshooting, see Alexa Quick Fixes or the Alexa Help.
If you are having issues setting up a new Amazon Alexa device, please refer to Amazon Support.