Inside the Wyze Cam box, you will find a Wyze Cam, a Quick Start Guide, a 6-foot long USB cable, a power adapter, a wall plate, and mounting tape.
Wyze Cam has a lower power requirement than Wyze Cam Pan, so the power cords and power adapters are not interchangeable. Also, the extension cable included with the Wyze Cam v1/v2 mounting kit is not compatible with the Wyze Cam Pan.
- Remove packaging from the camera and remove the camera from the plastic wrapper.
- Download the Wyze app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
- Open the Wyze app and log into or create your account.
- Press the sign. Select Wyze Cam.
- Plug in your camera to a power source (such as an outlet or power bank) using the included USB cable and power adapter.
- When the yellow light starts flashing on the back of the camera, hold the Setup button on the bottom of the camera until you hear a beep and, “Ready to Connect.”
- Follow the steps in the app to complete setup.
- When entering your WiFi network name and password, please be sure to use a 2.4GHz network. Wyze Cam is not compatible with 5GHz networks.
- Scan the QR code with the lens of camera held at least five inches away from the QR code displayed on your phone or tablet.
If you have difficulty setting up your camera, please refer to our Setup Troubleshooting page.
Once your camera is set up and connected, you will see it listed in the Devices tab of the Wyze app.
- Tap the camera name to change the camera name.
- Tap the Share icon to share your camera with another Wyze App user.
- Tap the screenshot of the camera view to enter the Live Stream view for your camera.
- Tap the Reorder icon in the bottom right corner to rearrange your list of cameras if you have more than one camera connected in your Wyze account.
Wyze Cam’s flexible design makes it versatile enough to place almost anywhere. Its magnetic base can be used on existing steel surfaces, or use the included adhesive tape to place the metal mounting plate on a wall. If you need an additional mounting plate or extension cable, the Wyze Cam Mounting Kit is available for purchase on our site.
Wyze Cam can be mounted upside-down without any operational issues. To flip the display of your video feed, enter the Advanced Settings for your camera and toggle Rotate Image 180° on/off.
Wyze Cam can be mounted sideways as well without any issues, but there is currently no rotation setting to make the image upright if it is mounted sideways. Wyze Cam is not weatherproof and is not designed to be mounted or left outdoors for an extended period of time.