Applies To: Wyze Cam v1/v2, Wyze Cam Pan
Scenario: During setup, you are unable to scan the QR Code and continue to get the 'Ready to connect' voice prompt.
Note: If you are using a phone/tablet with a screen larger than 5.5", the screen and camera will need to be held further apart.
- Remove the protective film from the camera's lens if you have not already (this will only apply to Wyze Cam v1 & Wyze Cam Pan cameras).
- Confirm there is nothing obstructing the QR code on the screen.
- Make sure there are no glares on the screen while you are attempting to scan the QR code.
- Gently clean the lens of the camera using a microfiber or soft cloth.
- If you continue to have issues getting the camera to scan the QR code, please contact support for further assistance.
QR codes are only valid for 5 minutes after being generated. If the code is not scanned in that time frame a new QR code will need to be generated.
If your screen has something preventing a successful scan (an example would be if your screen is heavily cracked) and you do not have another Android or iOS device to perform setup from you can take a screen shot of the code and send it to a computer, keeping in mind the 5-minute life span of the QR code.
The QR code to be scanned is generated within the Wyze app. Please do not scan the code that is on the sticker attached to the camera.