When any of the alert detection types are turned on, your Wyze Cam Pan will automatically record a 12-second alert video that is saved to the Cloud. These alert videos can be viewed for up to 14 days in the Notifications tab of the Wyze App. After 14 days, alert videos are deleted and cannot be recovered.
Tap the Notifications tab of the Wyze App to see a list of alert videos. If you have multiple cameras linked to your account, you can filter to view only the videos from one specific camera by tapping on the All Cameras drop-down menu in the upper left corner and selecting that specific camera.
The alert videos are organized by day and time. You can swipe the calendar bar at the top of the Notifications screen and tap on any individual day to view the alert videos for that day.
Tap the thumbnail for any video to view that alert video. Alert videos can be saved to your device’s gallery or shared by tapping the Share button while viewing an individual alert video. They can be deleted by tapping the Delete button on the same page.
To bulk delete multiple alert videos, tap Edit in the upper left corner of the Notifications screen. You can select individual videos or tap Select all at the bottom of the screen. Tap Delete and confirm that you want to delete the videos.
Click here if you are having issues with Alert Videos.
You can turn on notifications to receive a push notification on your phone or tablet when your Wyze Cam Pan detects motion or sound based on your Alert settings. The Notifications setting is a global setting that is the same for all cameras set up in or shared with your Wyze account. At this time, there is no option to turn on/off notifications for individual cameras.
To turn on/off notifications, enter the Wyze app and navigate to the Notifications tab. Tap the Settings icon then toggle Push notifications on/off.
Some things to be aware of:
- Turning off notifications only turns off the push notifications on your device. Your Wyze Cam will continue to automatically record alert videos based on the Alert Settings of your camera. If you turn off notifications, you will not receive a notification that an alert video has been captured, but you can view the alert video in the Notifications tab of the Wyze App.
- Make sure Notifications are enabled on your phone or tablet in order to receive notifications from the Wyze app.
Click here if you are having issues with notifications.
Tasks is a feature that allows you to set up specific actions based on a schedule or a manual trigger. Examples of tasks are:
- Turning on motion detection and notifications for all cameras at 7AM Monday through Friday
- Turning off your cameras on the weekends
- Uploading a 12-second video to the cloud at the top of every hour
Creating a task requires triggers and actions. A trigger tells the task when to start and an action is the end result of when the trigger’s conditions are met.
How to create a task:
- To add a Task, tap Add a shortcut at the top of Devices tab on the Wyze app. Then, tap Add a task if you do not have any tasks created. If you have tasks created, tap the + in the upper right corner to add another task.
- Set your icon by tapping the Other circle icon. It will allow you to select from five icon types: Home, Away, Sleep, Wake up, and Other. Tap the icon you want.
- Add a trigger. There are currently two types of triggers:
- Schedule – This allows you to set scheduled times for an action to trigger. If days are selected, the task will repeat weekly until manually turned off. If no days are selected, the task will trigger once at the set time and then turn off. This task can be turned back on at any time from the Tasks page in My Account > Tasks.
- Manual execution – This creates a task that will only trigger when selected. When picking this option, you will be given a choice to add this task as a shortcut to the Devices tab.
- Add an action. There is no limit to how many actions a single device can perform in a trigger or how many devices can be affected by a trigger.
- Universal actions – Turn notifications on/off
- Wyze Cam v1/v2 – Turn camera on/off, turn motion detection on/off, restart the camera, and upload a 12-second video to the cloud
- Wyze Cam Pan – Turn camera on/off, turn motion detection on/off, restart the camera, upload a 12-second video to the cloud, and reset position *The 12-second videos will show up as an “auto scene alert” in the Notifications tab.
- Tap Save in the upper right corner to save your task.
- To check if your task is working, go to the Logs tab. It will show if a task was triggered, when it triggered, and if it was successful or failed to complete.
How to modify a task:
- To edit a task, go to My Account > Tasks and tap the task you want to edit.
- To delete a task, swipe left on the task and a Delete button will appear.
- To rearrange a list of tasks, tap the icon, which will allow you to change the order of the tasks displayed.