The Wyze Cam v2 offers the following updates:
- Motion Tagging technology detects and highlights motion in video captured by the Wyze Cam v2.
- Improved image quality: The powerful new CMOS sensor in the Wyze Cam v2 provides clearer images for both day and night vision.
- The Wyze Cam v2 has higher sound quality made possible by a Class-K audio power amplifier and a new audio chip that significantly reduces TDD interference and EMI.
- The Wyze Cam v2 has a matte finish instead of the glossy finish of the original Wyze Cam to reduce reflection.
All other features of the Wyze Cam v2 are the same as the original Wyze Cam. All Support content (Installation, FAQs, Troubleshooting, etc) for the Wyze Cam refers to both the original Wyze Cam and the Wyze Cam v2, unless specifically noted.
Here are the ways you can tell if you have an original Wyze Cam or a Wyze Cam v2:
- On the back of the packaging, you will see either WYZE CAM or WYZE CAM v2 printed on the box. The model number for the original Wyze Cam is WYZEC1 and the model number for Wyze Cam v2 is WYZEC2.
- The Wyze Cam v2 has a matte finish, the original Wyze Cam has a glossy finish.
- On the bottom of your Wyze Cam, will be printed either Wyze Cam or Wyze Cam v2.
- In the Live Stream view of your camera in the Wyze App, tap the Settings icon in the upper right corner. Tap Device info. Under Device model: you will see either Wyze Cam or Wyze Cam v2.