Applies To: Wyze Cam v1/v2, Wyze Cam Pan
Introduced: App Version 1.5
This feature enabled you to set up scheduled tasks or manual triggers. Creating a task requires both a trigger and an action
- Shortcut button - Tasks with a manual trigger can be displayed here for easy access, located on the Devices screen.
- Edit - This is a shortcut to the tasks menu.
- Tasks - This is a list of tasks you have created. These tasks are assigned to your account and will populate on any device you log into.
- Logs - This list will show if a task triggered, when it triggered, and if it was successful or failed.
- Rearrange Tasks - The rearrange tasks icon will allow you to change the order tasks are being displayed.
- Add Task - The add task icon will allow you to create additional tasks.
Creating a Task:
- Icon - Tapping the circle at icon image will allow you to select from 5 icon types; Home, Away, Sleep, Wake up, & Other. iOS users: Currently, changing the icon will rename the task to the icon's default name.
- Name - Below the icon is the name of the task, tapping on the name will allow you to edit the name.
- Trigger - This will let you select how the task will know to execute.
- Actions - This is what will happen when the trigger's conditions are met. There is not a limit on how many actions a single device can perform in a trigger or how many devices can be effected by the trigger.
- Save - Once you have completed setting up your task, tapping Save in the top right corner will complete the process.
- Schedule - Allows you to set scheduled times for an action to trigger.
- If no days are selected the task will trigger once at the set time and then turn off. This task can be turned back on at any time from the task menu in My Account -> Tasks.
- If days are selected this action will repeat this schedule weekly until turned off.
- Manual execution - Creates a task that will only trigger when manually selected. When picking this option you will be given a choice to toggle this task in the shortcut
- Universal Actions - Turn notifications on/off
- Wyze Cam v1/v2 - Turn camera on/off, turn motion detection on/off, restart the camera, & upload a short video to the cloud
- Wyze Cam Pan - Turn camera on/off, turn motion detection on/off, restart the camera, upload a short video to the cloud, & reset position