How to properly format your MicroSD card for Windows:
- Pull the MicroSD card from the Wyze Cam, and plug it into your computer (if you don't have a port, you may need an adapter)
- Open your computer's file browser
- Right-click on the MicroSD card's listing in the navigation panel (it should appear near your computer's primary drive. For Windows, this is likely your C:/ drive).
- Right click the card, and select "Format..." from the right click menu
- Ensure that the Format Type is set to FAT32
- Press "Start"
How to properly format your MicroSD card for Mac:
- Pull the MicroSD card from the Wyze Cam, and plug it into your Mac (if you don't have a port, you may need an adapter)
- On the Finder bar, use the Go menu to access Utilities
- Within Utilities, access Disk Utility
- In Disk Utility, select the MicroSD card from the left-hand menu, and navigate to the 'Erase' tab in the main panel (the right-hand fields)
- From the Format dropdown menu, choose “MS-DOS FAT”
- You can either leave the Title field blank, or name it whatever you choose.
- Press the 'Erase' button, and select 'Erase' from the verification popup.
Note: You'll need to ensure that, no matter which instructions you follow, that the format is completely finished before removing the card to prevent it from getting corrupted.