When any of the Event detection types are turned on, your Wyze Cam Pan will automatically record a 12-second Event video that is saved to the Cloud. These Event videos can be viewed for up to 14 days in the Events tab of the Wyze App. After 14 days, Event videos are deleted and cannot be recovered.
Tap the Events tab of the Wyze App to see a list of Event videos. If you have multiple cameras linked to your account, you can filter to view only the videos from one specific camera by tapping the menu icon in the upper right corner, tapping Filter and selecting that specific camera.
The Event videos are organized by day and time. You can swipe the calendar bar at the top of the Events screen and tap on any individual day to view the Event videos for that day.
Tap the thumbnail for any video to view that Event video. Event videos can be saved to your device’s gallery or shared by tapping the Share button while viewing an individual Event video. They can be deleted by tapping the Delete button on the same page.
To bulk delete multiple Event videos, tap the menu icon in the upper right corner of the Events screen and tap Delete Events. You can select individual videos or tap Select all. Tap Delete and confirm that you want to delete the videos.
Click here if you are having issues with Event videos.
You can turn on Send push notification to receive a push notifications from a specific device on your phone or tablet when your device detects motion or sound based on your Event settings.
To turn on/off push notifications for a specific device, enter the Wyze app and navigate to the camera's Settings and tap on Event Recording. Tap the toggle next to Send push notification to turn on or off push notifications for the specific device.
To globally turn off push notifications across all devices, tap the Do not Disturb bell in the upper right corner of the Home tab.
Some things to be aware of:
- Turning off notifications only turns off the push notifications on your device. Your Wyze Cam Pan will continue to automatically record Event videos based on the Event Settings of your camera. If you turn off notifications, you will not receive a notification that an Event video has been captured, but you can view the Event video in the Events tab of the Wyze App.
- Make sure push notifications are enabled on your phone or tablet in order to receive notifications from the Wyze app.
Click here if you are having issues with notifications.
Shortcuts is a feature that allows you to set up specific actions based on a schedule or a manual trigger. Examples of Shortcuts are:
- Turning on motion detection and notifications for all cameras at 7AM Monday through Friday
- Uploading a 12-second video to the cloud at the top of every hour
Creating a shortcut requires triggers and actions. A trigger tells the shortcut when to start and an action is the end result of when the trigger’s conditions are met.
How to create a shortcut:
- To add a shortcut, tap [...] in the top-right of the Home screen of the Wyze app. Then, tap Edit Shortcuts.
- At the bottom of the next screen, tap Create Shortcut.
- Enter a name and set your icon by tapping the current icon. It will allow you to select from five icon types: I'm home, I'm away, Go to bed, Wake up, and Other. Tap the icon you want.
- Add an action. There is no limit to how many actions a single device can perform in a trigger or how many devices can be affected by a trigger.
- Wyze Cam v1/v2 – Turn motion detection on/off, restart the camera, and upload a 12-second video to the cloud, Turn notifications on/off
- Wyze Cam Pan – Turn motion detection on/off, restart the camera, upload a 12-second video to the cloud, Turn notifications on/off, and reset position
- Note:The 12-second videos will show up as an “auto scene event” in the Notifications tab.
- Tap Save to save the action
- Tap the back arrow to return to the Shortcut page or tap Edit to delete or rearrange your actions.
- If you would like to automate your shortcut on a schedule or an event, toggle on Automate and choose an Event or Time of day and days of the week to automate the action.
- Tap Done in the upper right corner to save your shortcut.
- To check if your shortcut is working, go to the Account tab and tap on Shortcut History. It will show if a shortcut was triggered, when it triggered, and if it was successful or failed to complete.
How to modify a shortcut:
- To edit a shortcut, tap on Edit at the top of the Home tab and tap the shortcut you want to edit.
- To delete a shortcut, tap Edit in the upper left corner of the Shortcuts screen and tap on the Delete button next to the shortcut you want to delete.
- To rearrange a list of shortcuts, tap Edit in the upper left corner of the Shortcuts screen. Tap and drag the two lines on the side of the Shortcut that you'd like to rearrange.