We recently did a major update for the Wyze app. This update changed the layout and some of the terminology used in the app.
Once you update to the new version of the Wyze app it is not possible to revert to the older version of the app.
Here's a quick summary of what's changed. You can read the following articles in this section for more information.
- The Devices tab has been re-named the Home tab. This is where you can see your list of devices set up in the app.
- The Notifications tab has been re-named the Events tab. This is where you can view event/alert videos stored on the cloud. Alert videos are now called Event videos.
- We added a Discover tab to the app. It contains videos shared by other Wyze users.
- We added a Shop tab to the app. The Shop tab will allow you to purchase Wyze products directly through the in-app Wyze Shop and have all orders automatically connected to your Wyze account.
- The My Account tab has been re-named the Account tab. The Account tab contains all account and application settings.
- Tasks are now called Shortcuts.
- You can now set independent Notifications settings for each camera. This setting is found on the device settings. From the Home tab tap an individual device to enter the live stream view then tap the Settings icon. Tap Event Recording then under When an event is recorded toggle Send push notification on/off.
- We added a Do not disturb icon to the Home tab to quickly turn on/off notifications for all devices at the same time.
- Device sharing information and settings has moved from the Devices tab to the Account tab. From the Account tab tap Device Sharing to see your list of devices and sharing settings. There are separate tabs for your devices and the devices shared with you.
- We added order history information to the Account tab. From the Account tab tap Orders to see your order history. This order history will display orders that you place in the Shop section of the Wyze app and orders that you placed on the Wyze website while you were logged in to your Wyze account. If you place an order on the Wyze website as a guest (while you are not signed in to your Wyze account) you will not see the order in your Order history.
Here's a chart of terminology changes and some settings that have been moved to new locations within the app:
|New App||Old App||What it refers to|
|Event Videos||Alert Videos||The 10-14 second video clips that are stored on the AWS cloud for 14 days and could be previously found in the Notifications tab.|
|Shortcuts||Tasks||Scheduled or manual automations to affect device or application settings.|
|Event Schedule||Alert Schedule||A schedule to determine when Events will be recorded. You can set the start and end time for a daily schedule.|
|Event Recording||Was part of Alert Settings||Turn on and off Motion and Sound Event detection and enable Push Notifications for the specific camera's Events|
|Detection Settings||Was part of Alert Settings||Set sensitivity levels for Motion and Sound Event detection and enable and set a Detection Zone.|
|Alarm Settings||Was part of Alert Settings||Turn on or off Smoke alarm and CO alarm detection.|
|Events Tab||Notifications Tab||Where you will find all of your 10-14 second Event Videos that are stored on the AWS cloud for 14 days.|
Where you will find all of your Wyze products.