What’s In The Box
Inside the Wyze Cam Pan box, you will find a Wyze Cam Pan, a Quick Start Guide, a 6-foot long microUSB-USB cable, and a power adapter.
Wyze Cam Pan has a higher power requirement than Wyze Cam v1/v2, so the power cords and power adapters are not interchangeable. Also, the extension cable included with the Wyze Cam v1/v2 mounting kit is not compatible with the Wyze Cam Pan.
Note: Wyze Cams require a minimum of WPA network security, and cannot be set up on a network without a password. As such, the password field within the Wyze app has to be filled in for the 'Next' button to become active.
- Remove packaging from the camera and remove the plastic film from the camera lens.
- Download the Wyze app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
- Open the Wyze app and log into or create your account.
- Press the sign. Select Wyze Cam Pan.
- Plug in your camera to a power source (such as an outlet or power bank) using the included USB cable and power adapter. The microUSB end of the USB cable connects to the rotating base of the Wyze Cam Pan and the USB end connects to the power adapter (see image here).
- When the yellow light starts flashing on the front of the camera, hold the Setup button on the bottom of the camera until you hear a beep and, “Ready to Connect.”
- Follow the steps in the app to complete setup.
- When entering your WiFi network name and password, please be sure to use a 2.4GHz network. Wyze Cam Pan is not compatible with 5GHz networks. Additionally, the password can't be left blank since the Wyze Cam Pan require a minimum of WPA security on the network to set up.
- Scan the QR code with the lens of camera held at least five inches away from the QR code displayed on your phone or tablet.
- Note: During the set up process, the camera must calibrate, which will cause it to spin unexpectedly.
Refer to the following status light colors to help with the setup process:
If you have difficulty setting up your camera or see an abnormal status light color, please refer to our Setup Troubleshooting page.
Once your camera is set up and connected, you will see it listed in the Home tab of the Wyze app.
- Tap the camera name to enter the camera's live stream.
- Tap the On or Off button to toggle IOT status
- To Reorder your devices, tap [...] in the top-right of the Home screen of the Wyze app. Then, tap Sort Products. You can also delete any product from your account from this menu as well by tapping the red circle to the left of the device's row.
Wyze Cam Pan has a 1/4”-20 threaded screw hole in the base that will fit standard tripod mounts. A mount is not included with the Wyze Cam Pan and must be purchased separately. Depending on the type of mount, your Wyze Cam Pan can be safely mounted anywhere: ceilings, walls, desktops, and shelves! The Wyze Cam Pan Mounting Kit is available for purchase on our site.
Wyze Cam Pan can be mounted upside-down without any operational issues. To flip the display of your live stream, enter the Advanced Settings for your camera and toggle Rotate Image 180° on/off.
Wyze Cam Pan can be mounted sideways as well without any issues, but there is currently no rotation setting to make the image upright if it is mounted sideways.