Wyze periodically updates the Wyze app and the camera firmware to add features and fix bugs. You can subscribe to our email newsletter at the bottom of this website to get updates when we release new software.
The best way to keep your Wyze app up to date is to set your Wyze app to update automatically. This is done through a setting on your phone or tablet. You can see what version of the app you are using in the Account tab of the Wyze App by tapping About.
Firmware is the software that runs on the camera itself. It is important to keep your camera’s firmware up to date so that it can function properly and enable new features as they are released. You will be prompted to update your camera’s firmware when there is a new version available. You can also check what version of firmware your camera has installed, and if there is a new version available through the Wyze app.
Standard Upgrade Method:
The standard method for manually upgrading your camera's firmware needs to be done one at a time, and can be done using the following process:
- Open the Wyze app
- Access the device page (the live stream for Wyze Cams)
- Navigate to the Settings by pressing the gear-shaped icon in the top right
- Tap on "Device Info"
- Press "Firmware Upgrade" at the bottom of the page
- If a new version is available, you'll be presented with a screen showing the new version number, and a "Download" button at the bottom
- Press "Download" to begin the upgrade process
Advanced Upgrade Method
With the 2.1 update to the Wyze app, we've added the ability to update all of your devices' firmware at the same time! To do this, use the following process:
- Open the Wyze app
- Go to "Account"
- Tap on "Firmware Upgrade"
- From this page, you can either upgrade individual cameras if they aren't on the latest version, or you can use the "Upgrade All" button to queue the new firmware to download for all of your devices at the same time!