Having trouble getting the QR code to scan during setup? Try out this troubleshooting to help get everything connected!
Note: If you are using a phone/tablet with a screen larger than 5.5", the screen and camera will need to be held further apart.
Please make sure you are using the Wyze Cam to scan the QR code on your phone screen.
- Remove the protective film from the camera's lens if you have not already (this will only apply to Wyze Cam v1 & Wyze Cam Pan cameras).
- Confirm there is nothing obstructing the QR code on the screen.
- Make sure there are no glares on the screen while you are attempting to scan the QR code.
- Gently clean the lens of the camera using a microfiber or soft cloth.
- Hold your phone's screen steady in front of your Wyze Cam, and move /adjust the distance slowly. Hold still at the new distance for 5 seconds to give your Wyze Cam time to adjust to the new distance.
- Try holding the QR code upside down for the Wyze Cam to scan.
Try a factory reset on the camera
On a Wyze Cam v1, hold the setup key for 20 seconds while powered on. The camera will be reset and wait till yellow light is flashing, then begin the setup process
On a Wyze Cam v2 or a Wyze Cam Pan, hold the setup key for 10 seconds while powered on. The camera will be reset and wait till yellow light is flashing, then begin the set up process
QR codes are only valid for 5 minutes after being generated. If the code is not scanned in that time frame a new QR code will need to be generated.
If your screen has something preventing a successful scan (an example would be if your screen is heavily cracked) and you do not have another Android or iOS device to perform setup from you can take a screen shot of the code and send it to a computer, keeping in mind the 5-minute life span of the QR code.