Sometimes trying to access your Wyze Cams remotely isn't working quite like it's supposed to. Luckily, we've got a few things you can try, both while you're away and when you get back to the cameras!
First, you will want to check if this is isolated to one camera, multiple, or all cameras. If you only have one camera, presume it would affect any camera on your network for troubleshooting.
All units affected:
- Confirm that all needed ports are open.
- Power all but one unit off and attempt a connection while on LTE.
- If the issue persists, continue below.
One or two affected:
- Move the affected camera closer to your router or swap its location with a camera that is not affected.
- If your phone or tablet has Battery Saver settings enabled, please turn them off or add the Wyze app as an exception, and test the connection again.
- If the connection still fails, try rebooting your phone or tablet, then clearing the Wyze app’s cache.
- Failing both of the previous troubleshooting methods, try restarting the camera by going to the camera’s settings and pressing “Restart Device”.