The Wyze app is the home for all of your Wyze devices, and this is where it all starts!
|Event Videos||The 12 second video clips that are stored on the AWS cloud for 14 days which can be found in the Events tab.|
|Shortcuts||Scheduled or manual automation to affect device or application settings.|
|Event Schedule||A schedule to determine when Events will be recorded. You can set the start and end time for a daily schedule.|
|Event Recording||Turn on Motion and Sound Event detection to receive 12-second recordings which will be stored on our AWS server for up to 14 days.|
|Detection Settings||Set sensitivity levels for Motion and Sound Event detection and enable and set a Detection Zone.|
|Alarm Settings||Turn on or off Smoke alarm and CO alarm detection.|
Section Link: Link
*Note - The Devices list won't populate if your phone is on a slow connection, displaying instead as a blank white space. This can apply to both wifi and mobile data. Once you get connected to a faster network, the Devices will load normally. This is intended behavior.
After logging in, or when you first open the Wyze application, the Home tab (previously Devices tab) will be displayed.
For each camera listed in the Products list, you will see the last viewed image from the live stream as a thumbnail on the left-hand side, the name of the camera.
In the upper right-hand corner of the screen you'll see the notification bell . Tap this bell to toggle off and on Do not disturb mode. This will turn on and off global (across all Devices connected to your account) Push Notifications.
To turn on/off push notifications for a specific device, tap on the device's name in the Products list, navigate to the camera's Settings by tapping the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner of the live stream, and tap on Event Recording. Tap the toggle next to Send push notification to turn on or off push notifications for this specific device.
To add a new device, tap the + and follow the instructions in the application. If you're adding a device following the first, you'll need to tap [...] in the top-right of the Home screen of the Wyze app, then tap Add a Product.
To Reorder your devices, tap [...] in the top-right of the Home screen of the Wyze app. Then, tap Sort Products.
On the Reorder Devices page, you can reorder your devices by tapping and dragging the up and down in the list for each device.
To delete a device off of your Products list, tap the next to the device you'd like to delete.
To delete cameras shared with you, you will need to tap the next to the shared camera since you will be unable to access its settings.
When you are finished rearranging or deleting any devices, tap Done to save or the back arrow to cancel any rearrangements without saving.
At the top of the Home tab, you will find your Shortcut buttons.
Tapping on a Shortcut button will activate that Shortcut.
If you tap on Edit, it will bring you to the Shortcut page.
In the Shortcut page, you can tap on your Shortcuts to edit them or tap on Create Shortcut to add a new Shortcut to your list.
To return to the Home tab, tap Done.
To rearrange or delete your Shortcuts, tap Edit.
Tap and drag the up and down in the list to rearrange a Shortcut.
To delete a Shortcut, tap the next to the Shortcut you'd like to delete.
Tap Cancel to discard any rearrangements that were made or tap Done to save.
Section Link: Link
From the Home tab, tap into the name of any camera to establish a live stream connection with that camera. This will give you a live view of the camera feed. You can only establish a live stream connection with one camera at a time.
When your phone is in portrait orientation, you will see the Live Stream video with icons and the directional control pad below it.
By default, audio is turned off. You can tap the Sound icon to hear any audio that the camera’s microphone picks up. When the Sound icon is colored, you will hear audio from the camera’s microphone. When the Sound icon is gray, you will not hear any audio.
- This setting does not impact whether any audio is captured in recorded videos (manually recorded videos, Event videos, and videos saved to a microSD card). To change the setting for whether audio is recorded, tap the Settings icon > Advanced Settings. Toggle the Record sound option on/off.
You can use the Record and Take Photo icons to manually record a video or take a picture from the live stream. Manually recorded videos and photos are saved in your phone’s gallery and can be viewed, sent or shared through the Album in the Wyze app OR your phone’s gallery.
Note: The Wyze app needs permission to access your phone or tablet’s storage in order to manually capture video or photos, since they are saved directly to your phone or tablet’s photo gallery. If you have not granted this permission, you will see the message Access denied when you try to use this feature. You can change the permissions in your phone or tablet’s Settings to grant permission for the Wyze app to save manually captured video or photos.
- For an iOS device, open the device’s Settings then tap Privacy > Photos > Wyze and change the setting to Read and Write.
- For an Android device, open the device’s Settings and tap App > Wyze > Permissions and toggle Storage On.
- You can change this setting at any time, but be aware that when you change the setting to Never after you have already recorded some manual photos and videos, none of your manually recorded videos or photos will be visible in the Album of your Wyze app. They will still be saved in your device’s photo gallery.
The Speak icon enables 2-way audio. See the section below on 2-way audio for more information about 2-way audio.
Tap the More icon to access other features of Wyze Cam Pan, such as Motion Tracking, Pan Scan, Motion Tagging, and Time Lapse. Each feature is covered in detail below.
The View Playback button will allow you to view video footage saved to a microSD card installed in your camera. If you do not have a microSD card installed or the camera does not recognize the microSD card, you will receive an error message (“No microSD card installed in camera”) when you tap View Playback. See the microSD card topics below for more information on using a microSD card with your camera.
To enter fullscreen mode, rotate your phone to landscape mode or tap the fullscreen icon in the upper right corner of the Live Stream video. Tap the video to access the icons to turn sound on/off, take a photo, record a video, speak through the camera, or switch between HD and SD. To exit fullscreen mode, rotate your phone to portrait orientation or tap on the video to bring up the menus and tap the back icon in the upper left corner.
Click here if you are having issues with viewing Live Stream.
Section Link: Link
Shortcuts allow you to set up tasks which can use either automation or manual triggers. Creating a shortcut requires both a trigger and an action.
- Shortcut button - Shortcuts with a manual trigger can be displayed here for easy access, located on the Devices screen.
- Edit - This is a shortcut to the shortcuts menu.
- Shortcuts - This is a list of shortcuts you have created. These shortcuts are assigned to your account and will populate on any device you log into.
- Logs - This list will show if a shortcut triggered, when it triggered, and if it was successful or failed.
- Edit - The Edit button allow you to delete shortcuts or rearrange the way they are being displayed.
- Add Shortcut - To add a shortcut, tap [...] in the top-right of the Home screen of the Wyze app. Then, tap Edit Shortcuts. At the bottom of the next screen, tap Create Shortcut.
Creating a Shortcut:
- Icon - Tapping the circle at icon image will allow you to select from 5 icon types; Home, Away, Sleep, Wake up, & Other. iOS users: Currently, changing the icon will rename the shortcut to the icon's default name.
- Name - Below the icon is the name of the shortcut, tapping on the name will allow you to edit the name.
- Trigger - This will let you select how the shortcut will know to execute.
- Actions - This is what will happen when the trigger's conditions are met. There is not a limit on how many actions a single device can perform in a trigger or how many devices can be effected by the trigger. Similarly, Actions can be set for Groups, allowing you to affect multiple devices of the same type at once.
- Save - Once you have completed setting up your shortcut, tapping Save in the top right corner will complete the process.
- Schedule - Allows you to set scheduled times for an action to trigger.
- If no days are selected the shortcut will trigger once at the set time and then turn off. This shortcut can be turned back on at any time from the shortcut menu in My Account -> Shortcuts.
- If days are selected this action will repeat this schedule weekly until turned off.
- Manual execution - Creates a shortcut that will only trigger when manually selected. When picking this option you will be given a choice to toggle this in the shortcut
- Universal Actions - Turn notifications on/off
- Wyze Cam v1/v2 - Turn camera on/off, turn motion detection on/off, restart the camera, & upload a short video to the cloud
- Wyze Cam Pan - Turn camera on/off, turn motion detection on/off, restart the camera, upload a short video to the cloud, & reset position
Section Link: Link
The Events tab allows you to view any of the 12-second Event Recordings recorded with either the Motion or Sound Event detection settings. These will be stored on our AWS cloud server for up to 14 days before they're either automatically deleted, or until you delete them yourself.
At the top-right of the Events tab, you should see [...]. If you tap this, you should see two options for the page.
Filter - Allows you to select a specific device on your account to view Events for. Whenever you select a device from this list, the Events tab will refresh to show only Events from that device.
Delete Events - Allows you to select any number of Events to delete. After selecting Delete Events, simply tap on each Event you want to delete so that the bubble on the left is filled in with a check mark. Once done, you can press Delete in the bottom-right to delete everything you've selected.
*Note - Once recordings are deleted, there is no way for us to recover them for you. If you want to save a recording, please make sure that you share a copy to a different cloud service or save a copy to your mobile device within the 14 day time frame.
- To speed up the deletion process, you can use the Select All button in the bottom left to select the 20 Events currently loaded onto the page. If you have more than 20 Events for the day, you'll need to do this multiple times to delete everything.
- Just above the Events list, on the left side of the page is a Cancel button that you can use to back out without deleting any Events.
Toward the top of the page, below the Header, is the Date Selector. The Date Selector allows you to pick which day you want to view Events for. By default this will have the current date selected. You can scroll this left or right to reveal additional dates within the 14 day range.
The center of the page shows the Events List. You can scroll the list up and down to go through all of the Events that have been recorded to your account. To access these, simply tap one. After tapping an Event, you will be taken to a page that looks similar to the Live Stream screen. If the video doesn't start playing on its own, you can either press tap the Play Window, or the Play Button below the Play Window to start the playback.
In addition to the Play Window, you'll see three other options across the bottom of the screen.
Share - Tapping Share will bring up a menu across the bottom of your screen showing all apps on your smartphone/tablet capable of being shared to. Tapping any of these options will open that app with the Event that you were on already populated as an Attachment.
Sound - This option allows you to Mute the Event recording during playback.
Delete - You can delete an individual Event using this option. Once the Event is deleted, you'll be taken back to the Events tab.
Section Link: Link
The Shop tab will allow you to purchase Wyze products directly through the in-app Wyze Shop and have all orders automatically connected to your Wyze account.
Recently, we've also added an Early Access entry to the Shop tab which will always appear at the top of the products list. This allows for purchasing an upcoming product pre-release to get it first before the official launch, and offers a chance to discuss or ask questions about new products!
|Tap on the product you'd like to purchase and tap Add to Cart. If you'd like to add multiple products, tap the back arrow in the upper left-hand to select additional products.|
Once you're ready to check out, tap the Cart symbol in the upper right-hand corner of any Wyze Shop page. Review your cart for accuracy and then tap on Proceed to checkout.
Tap on Select your payment method, and tap on Credit or Debit card. You will be asked to fill out your credit or debit card information on the next screen.
After filling out your payment information, enter your Shipping and Billing address. If you select Save this address for future orders, the address you enter will auto-populate next time you purchase Wyze products through the in-app Wyze Shop.
Tap Review your order to proceed with checkout.
|Review that all entered information is correct and tap Place Your Order to finish checkout.|
Section Link: Link
|The Account tab contains all account and application settings. Tap on a menu to open.|
From the Account tab, tap on your name to open up the My Account menu.
Here you change your Profile Photo, Nickname, Email, Reset Password, sign up for the Wyze Newsletter, and Sign out.
From the Account tab, tap on Devices Sharing to manage your shared devices.
From the My Devices list, tap on a device to add or delete shared accounts.
From the Account tab, tap on Orders to bring up your order history from both the Wyze website and the Wyze Shop.
Note: only orders connected to your Wyze account will show up here. If you checkout as a guest on the website, you will need to contact support to connect your order to your Wyze account.
|From the Account tab, tap Do Not Disturb to bring up the global push notification setting for Event. Toggling off Do Not Disturb will turn on push notifications across all mobile devices connected to your Wyze account.|
From the Account tab, tap on Shortcut History to view a log of your Shortcut activity.
Tap on the arrow next to a Shortcut log to view more information about what occurred when the Shortcut was activated.
To clear your Shortcut History, tap Clear.
From the Account tab, tap App Settings to view all application-based settings.
To clear your Cache (all temporary files), tap Clear.
From the App Settings menu, tap Camera to view the settings for viewing a camera's Live Stream.
Toggle on Enable Hardware Decoder to switch the way your mobile device processes your camera's Live Stream video files.
From the Account tab, tap Help & Feedback to access the support section of the Wyze app. Tap on one of the Products connected to your account to submit feedback, report an issue about a specific device, or to submit an app log.
Tap on an option under Other Topics to view the selected topic in the mobile version of our support site.
From the Account tab, tap the Messages icon to view app messages.
Here you will find records of share invites that you have sent and share invites sent to you.
When you receive a share invite, navigate to the Messages tab and tap Accept next to the invite to add that device to your Products list in the Home tab.
Section Link: Link