In order to get started with Wyze Sense, you’ll want to pick up our Starter Kit. This kit includes: 1 Sensor Bridge, 2 Contact Sensors, and 1 PIR Motion Sensor. Since none of the expansion kits come with the Sensor Bridge, you’ll at the very least need the Starter Kit to get everything set up.
The second thing you’ll need is a Wyze Cam. Wyze Sense is compatible with Wyze Cam v1, v2, and Pan.
*Note: We've received reports of sensors being disconnected when the Bridge's button is pressed. We will be releasing a fix in the near future, but in the meantime avoid pressing this after your sensors have been set up.
- Check your Wyze Cam’s live stream to make sure that it’s online
- Check your Wyze app's version to make sure it's at least version 2.3
- Check your camera’s firmware to make sure it’s up to date
- Plug the Bridge into the back of your Wyze Cam
- Once the light on the Bridge turns solid blue, it’s fully paired and ready to go!
Section Link: Link
- Open the Wyze app
- Tap the [...] in the top right corner of the Home Tab
- Select “Add a Product”
- Pick the sensor you want to add
- Use the included Reset Pin to poke the reset button on whichever sensor you’re adding, and hold it in until you see the red light flash at least 3 times
- Name the sensor when prompted and test it out in the spot where you want to place it before using the adhesive backing.
- For the Motion Sensor, simply walk in front of it a couple of times, making sure the Wyze logo is in the top left corner.
- For the Contact Sensor, simply pass the two pieces near each other a few times, making sure to pull them far enough apart to register an ‘Open’ event each time.
- Please keep in mind that the adhesive should be considered permanent, so make sure it’s really where you want the sensor prior to mounting.
- When placing a Motion Sensor, it's also worth remembering that the Wyze logo should be placed in the top-left since the detection angle is angled downward.
Some things to keep in mind when placing your sensors:
- The PIR Motion Sensor has an effective range of 26 ft, but this will vary based on where you place it, and the orientation of its placement.
- The Wyze logo denotes the top of the PIR Motion Sensor, and will make sure you're getting the most accurate Events.
- The Contact Sensor has two parts - a right and left side. The larger side houses the tech, with the magnetic switch being located on its left edge. You can place the smaller part of the sensor in any orientation as long as it’s within 2 cm of this switch.
Section Link: Link