Wyze now works with the Google Assistant. With the Google Assistant, you can control the Wyze Cam across multiple device types, including voice activated speakers (Google Home Mini, Google Smart Home Hub) Android phones, iPhones, in cars with Android Auto, Android TV’s and other third party Assistant built-in hardware. Users can now also stream your Wyze Cams through your Google Home Hub, Smart device with built-in Chromecast, or even a standard screen with a Chromecast dongle. At this time, the Google Assistant integration does not support camera streaming into the Google Home App. We look to enable this capability as soon as possible. Stay tuned.
Supported Wyze Products: Wyze Cam v2 (WYZEC2) & Wyze Cam Pan (WYZECP1)
Unsupported Wyze Products: Wyze Cam v1 (WYZEC1) & Wyze Sense
Need help figuring out whether your Wyze Cam is a v1 or a v2? Click here
Note: The Wyze integration with Google Assistant is available worldwide, but is currently only supported in the USA. Please note that your success may vary if using the Wyze integration outside of the USA.
Google Assistant is the cloud-based voice service from Google. It's connected to the Google Home app, allowing you to easily and quickly manage all of your smart home devices. Interacting with your Wyze Cam through Google Assistant is as simple as asking a question. Just ask and Google Assistant will respond instantly.
We offer the ability to integrate your Wyze Cams with Google Assistant’s voice controls. Once set up, you can tell your Google Assistant to show live stream video from your camera on your any Chromecast-enabled device. The Wyze integration with Google Assistant is currently only available in the USA.
Note: Wyze Cam v2 and Wyze Cam Pan work with Google Assistant. Wyze Cam v2 firmware needs to be on version 220.127.116.11 or higher. Wyze Cam Pan firmware needs to be on version 18.104.22.168 or higher.
The original Wyze Cam does not work with Google Assistant. Click here to learn how to tell if you have an original Wyze Cam or a Wyze Cam v2.
How to connect Google Assistant to your camera:
- Set up your camera with your Wyze app and name your camera
- Update your camera’s firmware to the latest version (22.214.171.124+ for Wyze Cam v2 and 126.96.36.199+ for Wyze Cam Pan). To do so, access your camera’s live stream from the Wyze app, tap the icon in the top right to access the Camera Settings > Device Info > Update firmware
- Download and configure the Home app by Google
- Launch the Home app
- Tap Add
- Tap Set up device
- Tap Works with Google
- Find the Wyze Home listing and log in with your Wyze account
- Google Assistant will automatically sync a list of the devices from your Wyze account
- Click here for more information about setting up Google Assistant with a Wyze Cam
There is no way to remove specific cameras from Google Assistant without deleting them from your Wyze account. Google Assistant will regularly resync, and the camera will be removed. You can, however, remove your Wyze account by following the instructions here.
How to use commands:
Once your Wyze account is connected to Google Assistant, you can use the following voice commands to view and hide the camera’s live stream.
Say any of the following to view your camera’s live stream:
- “OK Google, show me [camera name] on [casting device name]”
- “OK Google, show my [camera name] on [casting device name]”
- “OK Google, show the [camera name] on [casting device name]”
- “OK Google, show [camera name] on [casting device name]”
Say the following to stop viewing your camera’s live stream:
- “OK Google, stop”
Say the following to determine the state of your camera:
- "OK Google, is [camera name] on?"
Say the following to turn on your camera:
- "OK Google, turn on [camera name]"
Note: You can substitute "OK Google" with "Hey Google".
Keep in mind:
- The Wyze integration only works with Wyze Cam v2 and Wyze Cam Pan.
- The Wyze integration only works on Google Nest Home Hub, or Chromecast-enabled devices. The skill won’t work on any devices that don’t have video capabilities, such as the Google Home Mini.
- The Wyze integration works with all cameras that are connected to your Wyze account, including cameras shared by other Wyze users.
- The Wyze integration does not support 2-Way Audio or pan/tilt/zoom capabilities at this time.
- The camera’s live stream will be displayed on your device for 10 minutes before it automatically stops. To continue streaming, repeat the voice command.
- Assign your camera an easily pronounceable name, such as “Garage” or “Living Room.”
- If your camera is turned off, Google Assistant won’t be able to access the live stream. You’ll need to open the Wyze app on your phone and turn on your camera before giving a voice command to Google Assistant.
- The technology we're currently using has high latency. We're looking to change to a near real time solution in the future for our Google Assistant integration, but this will require overhauling the infrastructure that the Wyze Cam is using.
What data does Google Assistant have access to?
Using Wyze with Google Assistant will give Google access to your camera name and the live stream video that is displayed on the screen of the Google Assistant device. The page used to authorize the Wyze integration is owned by Wyze, meaning that your password and account information are not shared with Google. The alert videos triggered by motion or sound detection are stored on the Amazon AWS cloud, and are only viewable through the Wyze app.
Troubleshooting: Google Assistant cannot recognize or connect to the camera
Here are some steps to try if your Google Assistant device is having trouble discovering the camera:
- Ensure that your camera is a Wyze Cam v2 or Wyze Cam Pan. The original Wyze Cam is not compatible with Google Assistant. Click here to learn how to tell if you have an original Wyze Cam or a Wyze Cam v2.
- Ensure that the Google Assistant device is compatible with the camera. It must be a: Google Nest Home Hub, or a Chromecast-enabled device capable of casting.
- Ensure that your camera is updated to the latest firmware version (188.8.131.52+ for Wyze Cam v2 and 184.108.40.206+ for Wyze Cam Pan).
- Ensure that you authorized the correct Wyze account to your Google Assistant account.
- Disable and re-enable the Wyze integration.
- Ensure that the camera is connected to WiFi by checking if you can load a live stream view of the camera in your Wyze app. If you are not able to view a live stream view of the camera in your Wyze app, see Connectivity troubleshooting here.
- For additional troubleshooting, click here.
Troubleshooting: Camera isn’t responding when you use a voice command
Here are some steps to try if you’re having trouble connecting your camera:
- Ensure that you are clearly calling the camera by its correct name as indicated in the Wyze app.
- Ensure that the camera is connected to WiFi by checking if you can load a live stream view of the camera in your Wyze app. If you are not able to view a live stream view of the camera in your Wyze app see Connectivity troubleshooting here.
- Ensure that the camera is turned on. The camera needs to be turned on before giving a voice command to Google Assistant. To turn on the camera, open the Wyze app, click into the camera’s live stream, and tap the More icon to turn on.
- For additional troubleshooting, see the Google Home Troubleshooter.
If you are having issues setting up a new Google Assistant device, please refer to Google Support.