The Wyze Bulb is a smart bulb you can control over WiFi with your smartphone and tablet using the Wyze app. It can also be paired with Wyze Sense and Wyze Cam to trigger lights with automation.
If setting up your Wyze Bulbs with a multi-way switch/socket, check out some alternate setup methods by clicking here.
Follow these steps to set up your Wyze Bulb:
- Open the Wyze app.
- Tap [...] in the top right of the Home tab.
- Select Add Product.
- From the list of devices, select the Wyze Bulb.
- If you haven’t already, install your Wyze Bulb in the socket that will be powering it.
- Turn the light on/off 3 times, at which point the Wyze Bulb should begin to pulse.
- Back in the Wyze app, enter the WiFi information for the network the bulb will connect to.
- The Wyze app will prompt you to connect your phone to the bulb’s WiFi.
- Tap Next and select the Wyze Bulb’s WiFi, and Connect.
- On an Android device, accept the popup that says the Bulb's network has no internet. Dismissing or denying it will stop the setup process.
- You will be taken back to the Wyze app, where you’ll see a timer for the connection.
- Once the Bulb finishes connecting, it will stop pulsing and will prompt you to name the device to finish the setup.
- Once complete it will bring you back to the Home tab.
- Open the Settings app on your phone
- Go to Privacy Settings
- Go to Location Services
- Make sure that the Wyze app is granted permission to use this while it's running