If you're having trouble connecting your Wyze Bulb to the Wi-Fi network during the setup, there are a few troubleshooting steps that can be taken.
Note: Check out the Wyze Bulb Setup Guide to get a walkthrough of each step of the setup process. If during the process you are unable to find the bulb’s Wi-Fi network, try the other troubleshooting steps in this article.
- Make sure you are connected to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network.
- Note: Your Wyze Bulb will not work with a 5GHz Wi-Fi network and must be connected to a 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi network. If your setup keeps timing out, try changing it to a different network if available to see if it will work.
- If you can't find the network name you are expecting on the list, drag the screen with the list of Wi-Fi networks down to refresh the Wi-Fi list, or tap the circling arrow symbol to refresh the list
- Make sure you are entering the correct password for your 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network. You can click on the eye icon to reveal the password and confirm there isn’t a typo.
- Prior to setting up Wyze Bulb, turn off your cellular data.
- The Wyze app connects to Wyze Bulb’s own Wi-Fi network that doesn’t have internet access during the setup process. Some phones may try to reconnect to your cellular data when there is no Internet and setting your phone to turn off your cellular data will prevent this issue. (Learn more about turning off your cellular data with this article.)
- For some Android versions, you will need to accept the alert saying the network doesn’t have access to the Internet.
- Click on this notification and opt to stay connected to the Bulb’s network.
- Dismissing or denying it will stop the setup process.
- If the setup continues to time out after this, forget the Wyze Bulb’s Wi-Fi in your phone's settings before trying again.
For people using iOS 13 - Please check to make sure the Location Services permission is allowed. Here's how to do this:
- Open the Settings app on your phone
- Go to Privacy Settings
- Go to Location Services
- Make sure that the Wyze app is granted permission to use this while it's running