There are a few steps you can take if your sensor is timing out during the setup process.
The first thing you want to do is to make sure that the Bridge is online. The status light on the back of the Bridge should be solid blue, indicating that it is working properly. If it's not solid blue, click here to troubleshoot pairing the Bridge to a Wyze Cam.
If the Bridge is online, try connecting the Sensor while it is near the Bridge. If the Sensor connects, you can move it back to where you would like to mount the Sensor. If it is still timing out during the setup process, try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure the camera that the Bridge is paired to has the latest firmware version installed.
- Open the Wyze app, go to the Account tab found on the bottom right.
- Then tap Firmware Upgrade.
- You can upgrade the firmware of the specific camera that the Bridge is paired with, or select the Upgrade All button on the bottom.
- Next, make sure the battery for the sensor is seated correctly.
- Use the flat edge of the Reset Pin to pop off the battery cover.
- Remove the battery and put it back insuring the positive side (+) up and visible after the battery is inserted.
- Replace the back cover.
- Remove the Bridge from the camera and Power Cycle the camera by unplugging the USB power chord, wait 5 seconds, and then plug the Bridge back in.
- If the Sensor is still not connected, try the setup process for the Sensor again.
We also recommend setting up the Sensor near the Bridge. Once it’s setup, you can test it in the final location before mounting.
- Ensure that the light on the Sensor is flashing at least 3 times during the setup process. If not, feel free to create a support ticket and we will work with you on resolving this issue.