Shortcuts offer a way of changing settings of one or more Wyze Devices with a single tap from your Home tab using Actions and/or use Automations that are based on Time of Day or Events.
- To add a Shortcut, hit the + symbol at the top of your Wyze app Home Screen if you haven’t made one yet. Or if you already have a Shortcut, use the [...] on the top right and select “Edit Shortcuts”.
- Now select + Create Shortcut.
To edit a shortcut, tap on the [...] in the top right of the Home tab of the Wyze app. Then tap Edit Shortcuts. You can then select the Shortcut you want to edit.
To delete a Shortcut, tap Edit in the upper left corner of the Shortcuts screen and tap on the Delete button next to the Shortcut you want to delete. You can also rearrange the list by dragging the two lines on the side of the Shortcut that you'd like to rearrange.
Actions can change the settings of a device (or devices). There is no limit to how many actions for a single device or how many devices can be affected by a single action.
Editing and Adding Actions:
- While editing or adding a new Shortcut, tap the Actions tab
- Tap the + New Action
- Select the Device Actions or Universal Actions to be executed when this shortcut is executed.
- Tap Save to save the action
- Add as many + New Action as you would like for this shortcut
- When finished, select Done on the top right
Automations are optional triggers based on Time of day or an Event which let you execute Actions automatically.
Editing and Adding Automations:
- While editing or adding a new Shortcut, tap the Automate tab to toggle it on/off
- If toggled on tap the Automations Tab that appears
- Choose a Time of day or an Event
- Tap Done in the upper right corner to save your Shortcut.
To check if your Shortcut is working, go to the Account tab and tap on Shortcut History. It will show if a Shortcut was triggered, when it was triggered, and if it was successful or failed to complete.