The Wyze Sense Starter Kit includes 1 Sensor Bridge, 2 Contact Sensors, and 1 PIR Motion Sensor. The Bridge acts as a hub that allows your sensors to connect to your home's WiFi via a Wyze Cam v1, v2, or Pan. Wyze Sense can be used to answer questions like "did I leave the garage door open?" or "is anyone still in the living room?" Once you have a Starter Kit you can add more sensors and use the same Sensor Bridge.
Pairing a Bridge to your Wyze Cam
The first thing you have to do when setting up your Wyze Sense Starter Kit pairs the Bridge with a Wyze Cam. The Bridge is the square piece that plugs into your Wyze Cam via the USB in the back of your Wyze Cam v1, v2, and Pan. Once the light on the Bridge turns solid blue, it’s fully paired.
Adding a Sensor
Once the Bridge is paired, you can add a Motion or Contact Sensor to your account using the Wyze app. Follow these steps to add a sensor:
- Open the Wyze app.
- Check your camera’s firmware to make sure it’s up to date.
- Go to Account on the bottom and then select the Firmware Upgrade.
- From the Home Tab tap the + plus sign on the top left.
- Select “Add Device”
- Pick the sensor you want to add (Contact or Motion).
- Use the included Reset Pin to poke the reset button on the sensor you’re adding, and hold it in until you see the red light flash at least 3 times.
- Name the sensor when prompted and test it out in the spot where you want to place it before using the adhesive backing.
Placing a Sensor
Now that you have added the Sensor with the Wyze app, the sensors can be attached with the included adhesive on the back of the Sensor.
The Contact Sensor has two parts. The larger side houses the tech, with the magnetic switch being located on its straight edge. You can place the smaller part of the sensor in any orientation as long as it’s within 2 mm of this switch.
The Motion Sensor detects heat from objects moving at distances up to 26 feet and a horizontal detection angle of 120°. The sensor is designed to detect at a slight downward angle. In most cases, it's best to have the Wyze logo facing upright when placing the sensor and mounting the sensor at approximately 6 feet high.
Mount by cleaning the surface, remove the paper from the adhesive backing, and place it. Keep in mind that the adhesive should be considered permanent, so make sure it’s where you want the sensor prior to mounting.