To replace the battery:
The steps below apply to both the Wyze Motion Sensor and Contact Sensor products. These steps can be done whether it's mounted or not.
- Locate the Pin included in your Starter kit, or a similar thin, flat-edged tool.
- With the flat side of the tool, open the battery cover.
- Remove the old battery.
- Wait 20 seconds.
- Insert the new battery with the positive side ( + ) up and visible.
- Wait for the sensor status light to flash once.
- If it does not flash after a few seconds, return to step 4.
- Replace the battery cover.
- You're all set!
What battery type do I need?
There is a different battery for the Motion Sensor and the Contact Sensor.
|Sensor Type||Battery Type|
|Sensor Bridge||Wyze Cam USB Type-A port|
- Battery life: The original battery in your device should last 12 months. If stored or placed in an area with a temperature below 32°F, battery life may be reduced.
- You'll see an alert on the Wyze Sense screen when a sensor gets a low battery.
- Check the status of your battery by tapping the gear icon and selecting Device Info.
- Sensor not working? Make sure that the battery is placed in the correct orientation (the positive side(+) should be visible after the battery is inserted), and is fully seated.