Wyze Bulb can be integrated with Amazon Alexa to let you control your lights. That includes the Echo Show, Echo Spot, Fire TV, and more.
How Does it Work?
To set this up, we have created the Wyze Skill. When you add the Wyze Skill to your Amazon device, you can then use voice commands with your Wyze Bulb.
Since Wyze skill is owned by Wyze, all your password and account information is never shared with Amazon and is only viewable through the secure Wyze app.
Link Alexa with your Wyze Account
Add Alexa to your Wyze account by following the steps below:
- Open up the Wyze app, go into your Account settings, then tap on "Works With" to link Alexa to your Wyze account.
- You can also link your Wyze account by asking Alexa to “Enable Wyze skill”. If you have not downloaded the Alexa app you can download it from the App Store or Google Play store or go to alexa.amazon.com to search for and enable the Wyze skill.
- Once enabled, follow the on-screen instructions to link your Wyze account to Alexa. You will be prompted to enter your Wyze username and password to authorize Alexa to access your camera.
- Select Add Device so that Alexa can find your camera. You can also say, “Discover my devices”. After Alexa finds your camera, it’s listed under Devices in the Smart Home section of the Alexa app.
- Click here for more information about setting up Alexa with a Wyze Cam.
Remove your Wyze Account with Alexa
If you've linked Alexa with the Wyze app, you can open the Wyze app, go into your Account settings, then tap on "Works With to unlink your Wyze account.
If you've linked your Wyze account with the Alexa app, you can open the Alexa app or alexa.amazon.com and go to the menu and select Smart Home. In the Devices tab, tap your camera then use the options to delete or disable the camera.
If you need further help, Amazon has additional instructions here.
Once your bulb is connected to your Amazon device, you can use different voice commands to control your lighting.
You can use a voice command to turn on or off a specific bulb.
- "Alexa, turn (bulb name) off."
- "Alexa, turn (bulb name) on."
There are voice commands that let you change the brightness of your Wyze Bulb. Here are some examples:
- "Alexa, set the (bulb name) to (percentage of brightness)."
The percentage of brightness is a scale of 0-100% for the brightness setting.
You can use voice commands to change the temperature of the lighting. You can both say a specific temperature, such as warm, or you can relatively change it by saying a descriptive word, such as warmer.
- "Alexa, set (bulb name) softer."
- "Alexa, make the (bulb name) warmer."
- "Alexa, set the (bulb name) cooler."
- "Alexa, make the (bulb name) whiter."
- "Alexa, make the (bulb name) warm white."
- "Alexa, set the (bulb name) to daylight."
Here is a list of words you can use to change a bulb to a specific color temperature in kelvin value.
|Shade of White||Color Temperature in Kelvin Value|
|warm, warm white||2200|
|incandescent, soft white||2700|
|daylight, daylight white||5500|
|cool, cool white||7000|
Editing Your Wyze Bulb Name
When working with Alexa, you might realize your bulb name “Omicron Persei 8” is hard for Alexa to hear properly. There are a few ways you can change your bulb's name to make things easier.
The first option would be to change the name of the bulb through the Wyze app. To do this, go to the device you want to rename from the Home Tab of the Wyze app. Then press the Settings icon in the top right. The first option is Name. Press that and edit the name.
If you rename your Bulb in the Wyze app, you will need to have your Amazon device rediscover your bulb in order for the new name to be reflected in the Alexa app. To do this in the Alexa app or alexa.amazon.com, go to the menu and select Smart Home. In the Devices tab, tap Add Device. Alexa will discover devices, but the new bulb name will be reflected when you view your devices.
The second option is to keep the bulb's name the same on the Wyze app while changing the name you call to reference it for Alexa.
You can modify the bulb's name in the Alexa app or alexa.amazon.com by tapping on the bulb within the Smart Home section of the Alexa app then tapping Edit name. This will not update the bulb's name in the Wyze app.
- The Wyze skill works with all bulbs that are connected to your Wyze account, including bulbs shared by other Wyze users.
- Assign your bulb an easily pronounceable name, such as “Garage” or “Living Room”.
- If your bulb is turned off using the light switch, Alexa won’t be able to access the bulb.