The QR code is used during setup to pair the Wyze Cam to your Account.
If you are using a phone/tablet with a screen larger than 5.5", the screen and the camera will need to be held further apart. The following video also goes through the setup process and demonstrates tips that might help you scan the QR code.
If you are running into difficulty scanning the QR code, try these steps:
- Remove the protective film from the camera's lens if it has one.
- Confirm that nothing is obstructing the QR code on the screen (cracked screen or dirt).
- Make sure there is no glare on the screen while you are attempting to scan the QR code.
- Gently clean the lens of the camera using a microfiber or soft cloth.
- Hold your phone's screen steady in front of your Wyze Cam, and move /adjust the distance slowly. Hold still at the new distance for 5 seconds to give your Wyze Cam time to adapt to the new distance.
- Try holding the QR code upside down for the Wyze Cam to scan.
- If the QR code has still not scanned, try a factory reset on the camera.
On a Wyze Cam v1, hold the setup key for 20 seconds while powered on. The camera will be reset and wait till yellow light is flashing, then begin the setup process.
On a Wyze Cam v2 or a Wyze Cam Pan, hold the setup key for 10 seconds while powered on. The camera will be reset and wait until the yellow light is flashing, then begin the setup process.
QR codes are only valid for 5 minutes after being generated. If the code is not scanned in that time frame a new QR code will need to be generated.
If you have a cracked screen or something that is preventing a successful scan, you can try using another Android or iOS device to perform the setup. If you don't have another device you can take a screenshot of the code and send it to a computer, keeping in mind the 5-minute life span of the QR code.
If none of the above has worked, please send us a screenshot of the QR code you are trying to scan. If you are unfamiliar with how to take a screenshot from your smartphone, visit this article. You can then send this image via a support ticket.