A factory reset procedure deletes the settings file on the camera and rolls it back to the default settings. Factory reset procedures can also be performed as a troubleshooting step for restoring a device to a previous working status if issues arise.
Performing a Factory Reset:
- If your camera has a microSD card, remove it before proceeding.
- With the camera plugged in, press and hold the setup button on the bottom of the camera for 10 seconds. If you have a Wyze Cam v1 hold it for 20 seconds. This will reset the camera.
- Allow at least 30 seconds for the unit to initiate. In some rare instances, this process can take up to 5 minutes.
- The LED on the back should move from Solid Yellow to Blinking Yellow.
- The device is now ready to start the setup process once again.