If you are running into an issue with your microSD card, reformatting the card can help. It can erase corrupted data that is preventing proper use of the microSD card and resets the card.
Formatting within the Wyze app (Recommended):
To format your microSD, tap into your camera’s live stream from the Home tab and tap Settings icon > Advanced Settings > Local Storage > Format.
Formatting your on a Windows Computer:
- Pull the MicroSD card from the Wyze Cam, and plug it into your computer (if you don't have a port, you may need an adapter)
- Open your computer's file browser
- Right-click on the MicroSD card's listing in the navigation panel (it should appear near your computer's primary drive. For Windows, this is likely your C:/ drive).
- Right-click the card, and select "Format..." from the right-click menu
- Ensure that the Format Type is set to FAT32
- Press "Start"
Formatting with on a Mac:
- Pull the MicroSD card from the Wyze Cam, and plug it into your Mac (if you don't have a port, you may need an adapter)
- On the Finder bar, use the Go menu to access Utilities
- Within Utilities, access Disk Utility
- In Disk Utility, select the MicroSD card from the left-hand menu, and navigate to the 'Erase' tab in the main panel (the right-hand fields)
- From the Format dropdown menu, choose “MS-DOS FAT”
- You can either leave the Title field blank or name it whatever you choose.
- Press the 'Erase' button, and select 'Erase' from the verification popup.