Wyze Plug is a smart plug you can control using W-iFi. You can use Wyze Plug to turn any device into a smart device that can be turned on or off from your smartphone or tablet.
Follow these steps to set up your Wyze Plug:
- Download the Wyze app
- Open the Wyze app and sign in or create an account
- Tap + in the top left
- Tap Add Device
- From the list of devices, select Wyze Plug
- If you haven’t already, install your Wyze Plug in the power outlet
- Wyze Plug will be in pairing mode automatically when you install it. Flashing blue status light means it is in pairing mode. If the status light is not flashing blue, please press and hold the on/off button.
- Back in the Wyze app, enter the Wi-Fi information for the network the plug will connect to
- The Wyze app will prompt you to connect your phone to the plug’s Wi-Fi
- Tap Next and select Wyze Plug’s W-iFi, and Connect
Android - Samsung: When connecting to the Wyze Plug's network, be sure to stay connected to the W-iFi network when prompted that the network doesn't have an internet connection, instead of switching to mobile data. If you switch to mobile data, the setup process will stop.
Android - Other: When connecting to the Wyze Plug's network, be sure to accept the popup stating the network has no internet. Dismissing or denying this message will stop the setup process.
- You will be taken back to the Wyze app, where you’ll see a timer for the connection
- Once the plug finishes connecting, it will stop pulsing and will prompt you to name the device to finish the setup
- Once complete it will bring you back to the Home tab
For people using iOS 13 - Please check to make sure the Location Services permission is allowed. Here's how to do this:
- Open the Settings app on your phone
- Go to Privacy Settings
- Go to Location Services
- Make sure that the Wyze app is granted permission to use this while it's running
Note: If you have your Wyze Plug in a wall outlet that’s controlled by on/off switch, ensure that the switch is turned on.