Wyze Plug is a smart plug you can control using WiFi. You can use Wyze Plug to turn any device into a smart device that can be turned on or off from your smartphone or tablet.
What you need to get started
To get started, you will need:
- Wyze Plug
- Smartphone or tablet
- Your WiFi network name and password.
Step 1: Download the Wyze app
Download the Wyze App from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
Once downloaded, open Wyze app and login or create an account.
To create a new account:
- Tap Sign up on the app screen
- Enter your email address, then enter your password twice
- You can tap the icon in the password field to view the password and make sure you entered the same password in each field.
- Tap Continue
- Follow the rest of the instructions in the app
Connect your phone to your 2.4GHz WiFi network and have your network password ready.
Step 2: Adding Wyze Plug to your account
- Open the Settings app on your phone
- Go to Privacy Settings
- Go to Location Services
- Make sure that the Wyze app is granted permission to use this while it's running
Follow these steps to set up your Wyze Plug:
- Open the Wyze app
- Tap [...] in the top right of the Home tab
- Select Add Product
- From the list of devices, select Wyze Plug
- If you haven’t already, install your Wyze Plug in the power outlet
- Wyze Plug will be in pairing mode automatically when you install it. Flashing blue status light means it is in pairing mode. If the status light is not flashing blue, please press and hold the on/off button.
- Back in the Wyze app, enter the WiFi information for the network the plug will connect to
- The Wyze app will prompt you to connect your phone to the plug’s WiFi
- Tap Next and select Wyze Plug’s WiFi, and Connect
- On an Andriod device, accept the popup that says the Plug's network has no internet. Dismissing or denying it will stop the setup process.
- You will be taken back to the Wyze app, where you’ll see a timer for the connection
- Once the plug finishes connecting, it will stop pulsing and will prompt you to name the device to finish the setup
- Once complete it will bring you back to the Home tab