If you run into difficulty connecting to your Wyze Plug during the setup, try the following steps:
- Make sure you are entering the correct password for your 2.4GHz WiFi network. You can click on the eye icon to reveal the password and confirm that the password is correct.
- For some Android smartphones prior to setting up Wyze Plug, turn your cellular data off. Since Wyze Plug’s WiFi network doesn’t have internet access, some phones may automatically reconnect to your cell data. This will prevent the setup from successfully completing.
- When connected to Wyze Plug’s WiFi network, some Android versions will send an alert saying the network doesn’t have access to the Internet. Click on this notification and opt to stay connected to the Bulb’s network. Then return to the Wyze app.
If you continue to have trouble or do not see this pop-up, try to forget the WiFi network in your smartphone or tablet that you were attempting to use for setup. Reconnect to that network and try again.
- Open the Settings app on your phone
- Go to Privacy Settings
- Go to Location Services
- Make sure that the Wyze app is granted permission to use this while it's running