In the Wyze app select the Events tab found at the bottom of the screen.
Here you will see a list of Events. If events are not being generated follow the steps found in the Missing Events Troubleshooting article by clicking here.
If Events are being generated and you are not getting Notifications, follow the next troubleshooting steps.
The first step would be to check your Notification settings and make sure Notifications are globally enabled.
- Tap Account tab on the lower right.
- Tap the Notifications tab
- Enable the toggle next to the Notifications option to turn Notifications on/off.
This setting sets if any Notifications are being sent at all. If you are getting notifications, but not as many as you would expect, you can check the Notification settings per device.
- Navigate to the Account tab -> Notifications tab
- Click on the name of the Device.
- Enable the toggle next to the Send Notifications for a Wyze Cam and Allow Push Notifications for a Motion Sensor and/or a Contact Sensor.
- Underneath this setting you have additional options for what will trigger a Notification. Select what triggers you would like from the list.
Checking the Notification settings will ensure that they are setup to be triggered as expected.
Rules and Event Recording
If you are still not getting Notifications you can check to see if there are any Rules that are affecting how Notifications work. Check your Rules with the following steps:
- From the Home tab of the Wyze app tap the [...] in the top right.
- Then tap Add/Edit Rules. You can then select the Rule you want to edit from the list to check the Actions that are set.
- Make sure the following Actions are not being used by Shortcuts, Schedules, or Device Triggers in such a way that they are affecting how you would like to get Notifications.
- All Devices - Mute Notifications
- Turn off notifications
- Turn off camera
Still Having Difficulty?
If you have checked that you don't have any Rules or settings stopping notifications, you can create a support ticket and we will work with you on resolving this issue.