If Wyze Plug is timing out during the setup process, there are a few scenarios on why this might be happening. Following is a collection of troubleshooting steps that can be taken.
Do you have the latest Wyze App version?
The first step you can take is to make sure you have the latest version of the Wyze app installed. To update the Wyze app, go to the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store to download the update. Click here to learn more about updating the Wyze App and checking which version you have installed.
Try following our Wyze Plug Setup Guide. The Guide has some clarifications and a step by step walkthrough. If you are running into issues that stop you from completing the steps, try the following steps that apply to your issue:
If you can find the Plug’s WiFi network:
- Make sure your smartphone or tablet has WiFi turned on.
- Drag the screen with the list of WiFi networks down to refresh the WiFi list, or tap the circling arrow symbol to update the list.
If you are using an iOS phone and you can see the WiFi network, but the setup process never completes:
- Make sure they have Location Services enabled for the Wyze app. These can be modified through the phone's Settings > Privacy > Location Services.
- Turn cellular data off temporarily for the duration of the setup process. Learn more about this from Apple's iPhone User Guide.
- If the issue persists, forget the Plug's WiFi network.
- Go to Settings > WiFi.
- Tap next to the WiFi network that you want your device to forget.
- Tap Forget This Network, then tap Forget to confirm.
- Then try the setup process again.
If you are using an Android phone and you can see the WiFi network, but the setup process never completes:
- Turn off the phone's mobile data temporarily for the duration of the setup process.
- Open your phone's Settings app.
- Tap Network & internet Data usage.
- Tap Mobile data to turn it on/off.
- Wait on the WiFi screen until you see a pop-up notification.
- When connected to the Wyze Plug’s WiFi network, some Android versions will send an alert saying the network doesn’t have access to the Internet. Click on this notification and opt to stay connected to the Bulb’s network. Then return to the Wyze app.
- If you do not see this notification, it’s possible that it was previously in another connection attempt and you no longer see it to verify the connection. If you do not see a pop-up, forget Wyze Plug’s WiFi on your phone before trying again. Learn more about removing saved networks here.