Wyze Lock Gateway is the communication hub for your Wyze Lock, and is necessary for it to talk to your network. If you run into any trouble with the setup process outlined on this page, check out our Gateway setup troubleshooting for tips on getting things working.
- Download the Wyze app
- Open the Wyze app and log into or create an account
- Make sure you have Bluetooth enabled on your phone or tablet
Please note that some Motorola devices will require you to have GPS enabled for Bluetooth to function.
- Plug in the Wyze Lock Gateway to an outlet near where you’ll be installing the Wyze Lock
- In the Wyze app, tap [...] in the top right of the Home screen and select Add Product
- Select the Wyze Lock Gateway from the Products list
- By default, your Gateway should be flashing Blue/Red. If it isn't, press and hold the Reset button on top until the light starts flashing Blue/Red.
- Confirm the Gateway you'd like to setup from the nearby available units
- When prompted, select or manually enter your local 2.4GHz WiFi network name, then enter the network password
- When the Gateway is successfully connected to your network, its light will turn Solid Green
- Now just name the Gateway, and setup is complete!
Once your Gateway is set up successfully, it's time to get the lock installed. Check out our Wyze Lock Installation Guide here.