Complete Motion Capture is an add-on service that upgrades the free 12-second motion recording. This upgrade will record motion to the cloud for as long as motion is detected. That means no 12-second limit and no cooldown period. The recordings are stored in the cloud for 14 days.
Why use Complete Motion Capture?
Complete Motion Capture, or CMC, gives you the versatility of secure recording on the cloud. As an upgrade, it will allow you to record the entire motion event. Having CMC can give you extra protection in case your Wyze Cam has a faulty microSD card or gets stolen.
The chart below shows the difference between the free standard recording, local microSD card recording, and using CMC.
14-Day Free Trial
Sign up for a free, 14-day trial of Complete Motion Capture in the Wyze app or at Wyze.com. No fees, no billing info required, just an easy way to see what CMC is all about. (Psst! It's about videos that don't cut off after 12 seconds.) If CMC isn't for you, there's no action required on your part.
To activate CMC in the Wyze app:
- Open the Wyze app.*
- Go to Account > Wyze Services > Complete Motion Capture.
- Follow the steps to start your CMC trial and assign a camera.
To Activate CMC at Wyze.com:
- Go to Wyze Services and click Get Started.
- Select a Wyze Cam for your trial.
- Follow the steps to start your CMC trial.
- If your Wyze Cam firmware is not up to date, you will be required to update it before starting your CMC trial.
- Once activated, your CMC-enabled Wyze Cam will be able to record videos for longer than 12 seconds. Videos will be labeled as Complete Motion events.
Purchasing a Complete Motion Capture Subscription
After the free trial, or if you want more than one camera to have CMC, you can sign up for a subscription. Complete Motion Capture costs $1.49 a month per camera. You can add CMC to a single device or as many of your Wyze Cam's as you would like. To start your subscription, follow these steps:
- Go to services.wyze.com and login to your account.
- Select the purchase button.
- Select the cameras you would like to use Complete Motion Capture and then select Proceed.
- Fill in your billing information.
- Select agree to the terms and then Continue.
- You are now subscribed to Complete Motion Capture.
You can manage your subscription at any time by going to services.wyze.com.
Notifications and Complete Motion Capture
CMC notifications work the same way as the standard 12-second Event videos -- you will receive a push notification with a thumbnail of the event. To enable CMC notifications, you will need to turn on Motion notifications.
Learn more about Event Videos and Notifications by clicking here.