Built completely in-house by Wyze engineers and scientists, Wyze Person Detection is available now for testing. Rejoice!
Person Detection is a service that works with your Wyze Cam and the Motion Detection feature to detect people in your event videos. Not your cat strolling past, or a tree rustling in the wind, but people who enter the area in front of your Wyze Cam.
- Supports: Wyze Cam v2, Wyze Cam Pan
Wyze Person Detection allows you to:
- Receive notifications when a person is detected.
- Filter your video recordings to only show videos with people.
- Create shortcuts and triggers (person detected? Turn on a Wyze bulb.)
- Send event videos to Wyze to help us improve the service.
This cloud-based service is optional and free, and can be enabled on any or all Wyze Cam devices you own.
To enable Person Detection:
- Open the Wyze app.
- Go to the Account page, then tap Wyze Services > Person Detection.
- If you see “Person Detection is now provided by Wyze AI.” at the top of the screen, you are opted in the test.
- Don't see it? Join the waitlist.
- Enable person detection on any device shown on the next page page.